According to the Kern County of Elections, as of Thursday June 9, the following vote count was reported.
- Governor Gavin Newsom* Democrat candidate for Governor – 10896
- U.S. Representative 20th Congressional District – Kevin McCarthy – 11391,
- State Senator 12th District – Shannon Grove – 13847
- Member of the State Assembly 32nd District Vince Fong – 15191
- District Attorney – Cynthia Zimmer – 24232
- Sheriff-Coroner-Public Administrator – Donny Youngblood – 2 3 9 8 3
- SIERRA SANDS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Bond Measure C – No Votes – 1155
McCarthy’s statement on his primary victory. “I want to thank the voters of the new 20th District for their support in our shared vision to make the Central Valley more prosperous, safer, and affordable for our families and communities. I also want to personally thank my family, staff and volunteers for their tireless work and commitment,” said Rep. Kevin McCarthy. “It is my greatest honor to represent you in Congress, and I will continue to fight to stop the rising cost of inflation in our stores and at the pump, keep our neighborhoods safe, and bring more water to our farms and communities.”
Grove’s statement on her primary victory. I am so honored to have the support of this incredible district. I promise to continue to work hard for you.
Ostash’s statement on the defeat of Measure C. I am so grateful to the community members and district staff who have worked hard to help Sierra Sands find sensible and affordable ways to address our pressing facility needs. Although we understand the election results will not be finalized until all ballots are counted, we believe it is statistically unlikely for Measure C to achieve the 55 percent voter support needed to pass. My continuing optimism offsets the temporary disappointment felt, and we will move forward in the ongoing process of addressing challenges associated with our aged facilities — our students deserve nothing less. I am truly thankful for our amazing board and staff, and the significant investment and involvement from our community.